C.R. MacCluerI am interested in low energy, low cost building design in cold climates,especially energy detailing, ground coupled heat pumps, and radiant floordesign and control. I consult under the aegis MacCluer-Mitchell Engineering(since 1969). Contact maccluer-mitchellengineering.
Publications in Building ScienceConference Proceedings
- ``The Temperature Stability of a Flux Modulated Radiant Slab,"Proc.ASME 1988 WAM, Chicago, DSC-Vol 10, pp.33-36.
- ``Temperature Stability of a Radiant Slab-on-Grade," ASHRAE Winter Meeting,Chicago, Symposium on Radiant Systems, (MacCluer, Miklavcic, Chait),CH-89-17-1.
- ``Temperature Variations of Flux Modulated Radiant Slab Systems,"ASHRAE1989 Winter Meeting, Chicago, Symposium on Radiant Systems, CH-89-17-2.
- ``Analysis and simulation of outdoor reset control of radiant slab heatingsystems," ASHRAE 1990 Winter Meeting, Atlanta, Symposium on RadiantSystems, AT-90-20-1.
- ``The response of radiant slab heating systems controlled by outdoor resetwith feedback," ASHRAE 1991 Summer Annual Meeting, Indianapolis, Symposiumon Radiant Heating, IN-91-10-2.
- ``Sizing concrete piers for tower legs,'' Proceedings ofthe 1996 International EME Conference, August 15--18, Baltimore.
- ``The New Breed of Solar Device: the Freon-Charged Collector,"MSU ExtensionBulletin Energy Fact, October 1985.
- ``Freon-Charged Domestic Hot Water Systems," Fine Homebuilding Mag.,issue 29, October 1985, p. 86.
- ``Better Heat Pumps," a letter to Progressive Builder Mag., Sept.1985.
- ``Ground-Coupled Caveat," a letter to Solar Age Mag., Nov. 1985.
- ``A clarification of position on controlling radiant slabs," a letter tothe New Hydronics News, Nov., 1989, p. 7.
- ``A critique of the present slab control practice," a letter submittedby editor's request, ASHRAE Journal, Nov., 1989, p.58.
- ``A clarification of temperature vs. flux modulation," a letter submittedby editor's request, ASHRAE Journal, Dec.,
Conferences without Proceedings``Radiant floor heating systems,'' ASHRAE Four Chapter Meeting,East Lansing, March 7, 1992.``Cost benefit analysis of advanced component heat pumps,'' ASHRAE WAM94, New Orleans, Seminar-13, January 22--26, 1994, abstract.
- Refrigerant-Charged Solar Devices, 1985, M^2E publ., East Lansing.
- Boundary Value Problems and Orthogonal Expansions, IEEE Press, 1994.
- Industrial Mathematics, Prentice Hall, 1999.
- ``Temperature Stability of a Radiant Slab-on-Grade," ASHRAE Trans.,(MacCluer, Miklavcic, Chait), 1989, vol. 95, Part 1, pp. 1001-1009.
- ``Temperature Variations of Flux Modulated Radiant Slab Systems,"ASHRAETrans., 1989, vol. 95, part 1, CH-89-17-2, pp. 1010-1014.
- ``The control of radiant slabs," ASHRAE Journal, Sept. 1989, pp.28-33.
- ``Analysis and simulation of outdoor reset control of radiant slab heatingsystems," ASHRAE Trans., 1990, Part 1, pp. 1283--1287.
- ``The response of radiant slab heating systems controlled by outdoor resetwith feedback," ASHRAE Trans. 1991, IN-91-10-3, pp. 795--799.
- "Potential use and benefits of advanced components in a 1993 time framecommercial unitary heat pump," Electric Power Research Institute Report,(McCleer, MacCluer, Zilincik), to appear.
- ``A comparative study of proportional flux-modulation and various typesof temperature-modulation approaches for radiant floor heating systemscontrol,'' ASHRAE Transactions, (Leigh, MacCluer), NO-94-13-5, Part1, 1994, pp.1040--1053.
To return to top menu.Contact: email@example.com
Last Revised 7/23/1999